I turn 23 in three days and to be quite honest, I’m scared. Your girl is really getting older and there’s no turning back now.
So instead of moping, I decided to reflect on all of the good things that happened to me this year. Hopefully, I can look back and realize how much of a good year I had and then I’d only hope for an even better 23rd year.
- I turned 22.
- I started graduate school, one of the youngest in the class.
- Continued to flourish in school.
- Made some really close friends at J-school (Hey Kayla, KeKe, DeWayne and Stef).
- First museum date with Shi.
- Walked for breast cancer after 2 years of not being able to.
- First Thanksgiving home in 3 years (yay food).
- I covered a marathon (that was fun).
- Met and interviewed the Mayor
- I scored my first “big girl” reporting job (LOVE IT).
- First semester of grad school done (Hallelujah I survived)
- Happy New Year
- spent five days upstate with Shi.
- started second semester
- My first real Valentine’s Day
- Declared myself an urban reporting student (education to be exact)
- Met some important journalists
- Decided to change my career choice and start interviewing for said choice.
- landed a job in above mentioned career choice. (YAY ME big girl job dos).
- took a 10-day family cruise
- visited and fell in love with Hudson Yards (google it)
- I watched Shi graduate from college.
- I survived my first year of graduate school
- I started my internship
- started the groundwork for my book and business
- had my first “grown up” sleepover
- went to Pride 🙂
- had lunch with my daddy and siblings after almost 4 years of not seeing him
- first time seeing the fireworks in person (somewhat)
- celebrated 1 year with the LOML
SO YEAH!!! 22 wasn’t so bad, I’m excited for 23, and scared, but mostly excited. I have made up my mind about some things that I want to change and what I want to accomplish at 23, which I won’t share, but I’m doing it to better myself and to have better relationships with the people in my life.